As a successful business owner who’s ran more than one 6 figure business, I am often called upon to share my secrets to success. While I appreciate the opportunity, the most important part of this task for me is helping others realize that they too, have secrets that have contributed to their success in life, business, relationships, etc.
1. Laugh as often as you can. Here’s what I know for sure, laughter really does make everything bearable. When you spend one minute in laughter, you boost your immune system for 24 hours! Life is too short to spend your time deteriorating your health with anger, doubt, worry or drama.
2. Surround yourself with positive, goal-oriented people. You become like the 5 people whom you spend the majority of your time with. Choose wisely. This has been a big deal maker for me. When you choose to associate only with people who understand your goals and add value, you will increase your network and ultimately your net worth.
3. Make non-negotiable decisions. It is so reassuring to know that your life is governed by decisions that are not negotiable. It’s a game changer to think about your existence on a level that always inspires greatness. When I stopped making excuses and started making non-negotiable decisions everything changed. From that first one at the young age of 8 that I was not a victim but a victor, to the one I will make tomorrow. I am committed to making decisions that move my life forward and help me to serve more people.
4. Create a life plan. When you create a plan for your life, it becomes easier to build a business or career that supports your ultimate goals and plans. This life plan is really more like a life description; it includes your lifestyle and what must be done to support it. It’s essential to get crystal clear on how you see your existence unfolding. Remember when you plan, you set in motion all that you desire to live your best life because that which you ask for must be given to you each and every time.
5. Uncover your talents and nurture them. It’s important that you take the time to “Inspect the Incredible” and truly uncover what you were created to offer this world. I chose uncover purposely, they are in you, often buried deep but they are already in you and as you uncover them, you will find the freedom and confidence to step out of the dark and into the light, inspiring others to do the same.
6. Remove mediocrity from your vocabulary. Because I believe that what we speak about we bring about, it is essential to remove those words that do not serve you from your mouth. Plain and simple, they have to go. And when they do, life will begin. The best thing I ever did for myself was to stop giving my past permission to speak.
7. Plan each day in advance. This one secret has changed my life and grown my business dramatically. Before the day ends, determine what you’re going to be working on tomorrow. You will step into your office refreshed and ready to take the day because no time is lost figuring out what to do next!
8. Spend at least 5 minutes in gratitude each day. It’s true that love, appreciation, trust and gratitude are abundance flowing emotions. The more time we spend experiencing them, the more abundance flows into our lives. In just five minutes a day, you can change the course of your life and business by being grateful for what you already have while expecting more to come into your life.
9. In business, know your numbers. If you are in business – your own or helping someone else grow theirs, there are numbers that are key to your success that you should always know. I believe that what gets attended to gets done so if you don’t attend to the key metrics that govern your business or position, sadly, you will miss them every time.
10. Love yourself, flaws and all. Find time to get to know who you are. When you learn to love yourself no matter what, your confidence will soar and you will become a magnet for more positive people into your life. The power that is exchanged when a person who loves themselves enters a room is magnetic and life changing. When you love yourself wholly and completely, you are free to serve out of your abundance. It is from your abundance that lives will be changed. It is also envious for those who don’t possess it. But, when you love yourself, you’ll be able to confidently articulate one of my favorite sayings based on one of my favorite books: What you think of me is none of my business!
Your turn: what would you say are your secrets to success? What 10 tenets govern everything you do? What, if given a chance, would you share with others to help them take steps today to protect their Incredible Factor? Write them down now and then make them a blog post, article or note on Facebook so that those who follow you can learn more about what makes you, the Incredible You.
©2011 by Darnyelle A. Jervey. All Rights Reserved. Darnyelle A. Jervey, The Incredible Factor Business Mentor and Coach, is the founder of IncredibleOneEnterprises.com and the Leverage Your Incredible Factor System® a proven step by step program for turning your passion into profit. For more information and a FREE audio CD “How to Use Your Incredible Factor to Attract MORE Ideal Clients” visit https://www.incredibleoneenterprises.com.