It’s no secret that video is a very powerful medium. Accordingly to Diode Digital, before reading any text, 60% of website visitors will watch a video if there is one available. And, we all know that YouTube’s search engine is second only to Google (its owner).
So are you missing the mark by not leveraging video to grow your business?
It doesn’t have to be this way.
Unless you’ve been under a rock, you’ve likely heard of Facebook Live. And if you’ve heard of it, you’ve likely experienced it when you watch someone else deliver a message using it. And maybe you’ve tried once or twice and or you’re not sure it’s right for you.
Well, it can be.
There’s been a growing trend around the use of video for business, yet only 9% of business owners in the US are actually using video to grow their business*. With the introduction of Facebook Live, there is yet another way to get your message [and content] to those you desire to serve through leveraging this powerful medium for your business’ marketing efforts.
During a recent Strategic Biz Retreat, I did a Facebook Live video. At the time of writing this blog, it has been viewed 578 times, and it’s only been a few days. During this impromptu video training, I shared with my clients how to use Facebook live as a part of a larger awareness generating strategy to get found by their most ideal clients. And, I did it by hosting a Facebook Live session. You see, unless you sell a product, Facebook is best used to generate awareness. (And even if you sell a product, to have Facebook translate into a large volume of sales it’s going to take strategy, insights and money.)
Watch my Facebook Live to check out just how easy it can be to create video trainings and share content with your ideal clients. And before you go live, check out my 8 tips below:
1. Do a FB live video for at least 10 minutes for FB algorithms. Facebook will go out and find people to watch your video and tell people about it after you’ve finished when you share content for at least ten minutes.
2. Name the video clearly with the topic. It’s all in the headline. No matter what, choose clarity over being cute and make sure that you include your applicable keywords. The more you share, the easier it will be for FB to find viewers for you.
3. Introduce yourself using your Power Statement (I help X do Y by Z). No matter what you think, start by introducing yourself and sharing what gives you the right to interrupt your viewer’s day. Demonstrate your expertise and make it clear the problem you solve by using what I like to call the power statement. I help X [ideal client] do [action verb] Y [problem you solve] so that Z [ultimate transformation you help them to experience.] This statement should be succinct.
4. Ask viewers to “share” the video with their followers/friends. Get your viewers involved by inviting them to share what they’re watching with their friends, fans and followers. Several times throughout your video, remind them to share others.
5. Interact with and respond to viewers. Make sure that you let your people know you appreciate them coming to your “session” by saying their names and interacting with their comments.
6. “Seed” your services so viewers know how else to experience you. “Seeding” is all about letting it be known that you are more than a video personality. Share stories about your clients breakthroughs and results as they pertain to the tips and anecdotes that you share.
7. Tell related stories and add value. Be sure to share great content. If you don’t, you won’t be able to keep your viewers the entire time. Interestingly, while I was live on FB, my viewers, more than 30 were with me the entire time. Be sure that you share relevant and timely content so that you can demonstrate that you are not a “has been” expert but that you are current with what’s happening today.
8. Have a call to action (inbox me, go to my website, etc.). Going live for the sake of going live is a waste of time. You have to use FB live or any other video tool as a component in a clear strategy. So be sure to think things through before hitting the live button and ensure that once you go live, you offer a strong call to action to entice your viewers to deepen their connection with you.
Now I want to hear from you: What’s your two cents? Are you actively using Facebook Live? What other tips can you share to help members of the community create videos that bring them closer to their next client?
*Entrepreneur Magazine August 2015
©2016 by Darnyelle A. Jervey. All Rights Reserved. Darnyelle A. Jervey, MBA, The Incredible Factor Business Optimization Coach and Mentor, is the founder of Incredible One Enterprises®, Incredible Factor University® and the Leverage Your Incredible Factor System®, a proven step-by-step program so you experience financial and spiritual abundance in your life because of your business. For more information and a FREE audio CD “7 Critical Mistakes Even Smart Entrepreneurs Must Avoid for Clients, Connection and Cash Flow!” just fill out the form below.